[Xastir] Xastir is running on OSX

Steve Jones steve.jones at rogers.com
Wed Apr 15 21:09:57 EDT 2009

On a similar note, I'm having problems with ImageMagick that I think
is a result of me not telling Xastir where my ImageMagick libraries are.

Note: I have compiled and am able to run Xastir 1.9.2 without any
problems.

In the help menu of 1.9.2, I have ImageMagick.  In 1.9.5, I don't see
ImageMagick.

The first problem I notice is with gdal-config although I'm not sure
it's related:

configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find gdal-config:  Checking standard
locations ***
checking gdal.h usability... yes
checking gdal.h presence... yes
checking for gdal.h... yes
checking for GDALAllRegister in -lgdal... yes

There's some other lines which I don't believe are related either:

checking for runpath switch... none
checking if db.h is exists and is usable... no

Here's where I run into problems with GraphicsMagick:

checking for GraphicsMagick-config... /usr/local/bin/GraphicsMagick-
config
checking GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h usability... no
checking GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h presence... no
checking for GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h... no
configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find GraphicsMagick include files:
Building w/o GraphicsMagick support. ***
checking for Magick-config... /usr/local/bin/Magick-config
checking magick/api.h usability... yes
checking magick/api.h presence... yes
checking for magick/api.h... yes
checking for library containing WriteImage... no
configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find ImageMagick library files:
Building w/o ImageMagick support. ***

I'm guessing I'm missing something in ./configure command that would
point it towards my GraphicsMagick or ImageMagick library directory.

First of all, what do the library files look like?  What sort of
extension would I be looking for?

I see a GraphicsMagick-config file in my /opt/local/bin directory and
the a magick directory under that with all sorts of .h files.

Once I find the correct directory, how do I configure the make program
to use that directory.

Thanks,

--
Steve <steve.jones at rogers.com>