[Xastir] Xastir is running on OSX

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Apr 16 10:27:58 EDT 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Steve Jones wrote:

> On a similar note, I'm having problems with ImageMagick that I think is a
> result of me not telling Xastir where my ImageMagick libraries are.
>
> Note: I have compiled and am able to run Xastir 1.9.2 without any problems.

Did you keep notes on how you got 1.9.2 compiled?  1.9.5 should be
identical or nearly so.

> The first problem I notice is with gdal-config although I'm not sure it's
> related:

Don't worry about GDAL.  Most people won't need/use it.

> checking for GraphicsMagick-config... /usr/local/bin/GraphicsMagick-config

> checking for Magick-config... /usr/local/bin/Magick-config

> I'm guessing I'm missing something in ./configure command that would point it
> towards my GraphicsMagick or ImageMagick library directory.
>
> First of all, what do the library files look like?  What sort of extension
> would I be looking for?

On a Unix/Linux box they'd have ".so" or ".a" extensions.  On OSX I
believe it's ".dylib"?

> I see a GraphicsMagick-config file in my /opt/local/bin directory and the a
> magick directory under that with all sorts of .h files.
>
> Once I find the correct directory, how do I configure the make program to use
> that directory.

Did you see this link?

     http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:Mac_OSX

--