[Xastir] Xastir is running on OSX

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 00:04:02 EDT 2009

> You have to install libgeotiff so that it knows about libproj by the
> way.  See the INSTALL file for details.

I reconfigured/built libgeotiff with ./configure --with-libtiff=/sw
--with-proj=/sw

Looks like it found them both:
checking for TIFFOpen in -ltiff... yes
checking for TIFFMergeFieldInfo in -ltiff... yes
Found -L/sw/lib -lproj
Found /sw/include/projects.h

Rebuilt xastir and config.log mentions proj and geotiff whenever it
includes libraries.

My selected geotiff map is still not plotted in xastir.

I've never used a geotiff in Linux either...is there a trick? I've got
the .tif and .tfw, both world readable. The .tif is selected in Map
Chooser. Xasitr knows it's a 7.5'--when I click the 24k button the
.tif toggles selected/unselected.

Tom KD7LXL