[Xastir] Xastir is running on OSX

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Apr 16 02:26:37 EDT 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Tom Hayward wrote:

> My selected geotiff map is still not plotted in xastir.
>
> I've never used a geotiff in Linux either...is there a trick? I've got
> the .tif and .tfw, both world readable. The .tif is selected in Map
> Chooser. Xasitr knows it's a 7.5'--when I click the 24k button the
> .tif toggles selected/unselected.

There's the problem.  Xastir doesn't read .tfw files.  It does read
.fgw files.  See the README.MAPS file for how to create your own
.fgd for each .tif if you don't have one.  You only need a few lines
that Xastir needs, not the entire normal contents of a .fgd.

Here are some examples that do work, so you can verify your
installation:

     http://wetnet.net/~we7u/xastir/maps/geotiff/

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com