[Xastir] Can we get this fixed? Makefile.am warning

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Apr 16 15:43:21 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 11:50:25AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:

> > ./bootstrap.sh
>      7) Removing autom4te.cache directory...
>      6) Running aclocal...
>      5) Running autoheader...
>      4) Running autoconf...
>      3) Running automake...
> scripts/Makefile.am:76: `%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension
>      2) Checking for 'mkinstalldirs'... Found!
>      1) Generating derived language files.....
>
> That warning was introduced within the last few weeks.

Fixed in CVS.  It was the result of recent commits by Jerry intended to fix
the broken hard-coding of paths in various scripts, but without using
the tools that autoconf provides for propagating the value of the install
prefix into generated files.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation