[Xastir] peet bros ultimeter 2100 wind=360

Mike Swiatkowski, AA9VI aa9vi at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 16 16:38:34 EDT 2009

Hi all,
     I am having a problem using my Peet Bros. Ultimeter 2100 WX station on xastir 1.92 (the latest stable version).  I saw this problem was first reported in 2007. My wind direction is constantly reporting 360 degrees when I use Xastir.  A fix hasn't taken place yet, surprisingly, from what I can tell.  How can I fix it myself?  I tried to go into souce code containing wx.c and tweek it as someone had suggested back in 2007, but I am fairly new to linux and I've had no success. I'm really confused and not sure what I am doing. I am running Debian 5.0.

Could anyone elaborate on the issue and either give me detailed steps on how to fix the problem (including detailed compiling instructions) or send me a .deb with the fixes?

I would really appreciate it!!

Mike, AA9VI
Northbrook, IL