[Xastir] xastir 1.9.2 and raster file problems Debian 5

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 18:54:05 EDT 2009

On 4/18/09, Curt, WE7U <archer at eskimo.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Apr 2009, Tony Hunt wrote:
>
>> What I get on the screen is a black box where the map should be.
>
>> Perhaps this is a graphics magic or lesstif issue.
>
> Yep.  It's a GM issue.  It means that GM was compiled with the
> default options, which don't quite work with Xastir.  During the GM
> "./configure" stage you need to add the flag
> "--with-quantum-depth=16".
>
> Alternate:  Remove GM and GM-devel and install IM and IM-devel and
> hope for the best.

Alternate 2 - reinstall Xastir from source 'cause that sounds like the
binary Xastir that is in the Debian and Ubuntu repositories.  I think
the same issue has been reported previously with Ubuntu.  The install
notes in the wiki for installing Ubuntu 8.10/8.04 from source should
work for Debian Lenny - just grab the 4.6 version of libdb for map
caching (same as Ubuntu 8.04).  Also the last time I went through the
process I found I didn't need the xorg-dev package - at least I didn't
with Mepis 8, which is based on Lenny.

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX