[Xastir] New compile not recognized

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Apr 19 13:26:39 EDT 2009

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009, Rick Green wrote:

> since I ws playing with xastir this morning, I also decided to recompile the
> copy on my office desktop, in an attempt to implement map cacheing.

> it still
> shows 'Compiled: Thurs, Oct 16 09:21:12 2008 PDT'

Try "which xastir" to see what path your system is using to find
Xastir when you just type "xastir".

> So where is this compile date being picked up, and what does it take to make
> it accurate?

src/Makefile.am has this:

   xastir_SOURCES = $(XASTIR_SRC) compiledate.c

   compiledate.c: $(XASTIR_SRC)
       rm -f compiledate.c compiledate.o
       echo 'char compiledate[] = "'"Compiled: `date`"'";' >
   compiledate.c

   remove_compiledate:
       rm -f compiledate.c compiledate.o

--