[Xastir] New compile not recognized

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sat Apr 18 14:13:06 EDT 2009

since I ws playing with xastir this morning, I also decided to recompile
the copy on my office desktop, in an attempt to implement map cacheing.
that copy was built from a v1.9.5 snapshot last October, and I didn't
update the source today.  I simply read README.MAPS, and learned that the
map cache used facilities of the Berkeley DB package.  I checked my
system, and found that I had libdb-4.6 installed, but no headers, so I
installed libdb-4.6-dev, ran ./configure, and finally I got a 'Yes' for
map cacheing!  make;sudo make install and launch xastir, then bring up the
'help/about' dialog.  map_cacheing is listed after Libraries used:, but to
my surprise, it still shows 'Compiled: Thurs, Oct 16 09:21:12 2008 PDT'

I killed xastir, and re-launched it using the full pathname, just in case
it had somehow installed in a different location, and I was still picking
up the old one, but I got the same old compile date...

So where is this compile date being picked up, and what does it take to
make it accurate?

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009