[Xastir] The ultimate editor...

Richard Polivka, N6NKO r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 20 00:59:51 EDT 2009

Can't resist this one....

Altair 8080. Having to write the bootstrap loader in 32 bytes (may be
wrong on that length) to set the serial port, initialize the disk
controller and where to start loading the bios, that had to be hacked on
for your system. Of course both had to fit in one track on a 8" floppy.

Ah yes, those were the days of flipping switches, address load, (flip
switches, load next, flip switches, load next, repeat as necessary), set
switches for address 0000, load address, run.

Only noseprints, not pitchforks, flaming torches, a rope with a loop
anchored by 13 turns.....

You got away lucky!!!

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO