[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 41, Issue 52

C. Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Mon Apr 20 02:40:05 EDT 2009

On Apr 20, 2009, at 01:25, Lee Bengston wrote:

> Yes, I believe the red X's are coming from the pointlm file - I was
> able to shut them off by turning off one of the map files earlier,
> and I'm fairly sure it was that one.  In my area, there's  a red X
> marked at every street that dead ends, so in newish suburban areas
> with lots of cul de sac's, there are tons of red X's.  Some of the
> X's mark meaningful things, but the majority of them don't.

Perhaps my understanding is flawed. I thought that the red 'x' was
caused by a symbol call. I looked up that symbol and it should be:
symbol="/. "

I searched for that and variations and could find none in the new
dbfawks. And few in the old files, but nothing I could link to where
I'm seeing them (predominantly dead ends as mentioned).

Off to bed ... enough is enough ... :)

-- Chip
      n1mie at mac.com