[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 41, Issue 52

Richard Polivka, N6NKO r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 20 01:06:45 EDT 2009

Chip,

When I did my rewrite of the dbfawk files to match the latest tigermaps,
I was dealing with several documents that the census document wrote
involving the translation between the old codes and new codes for what
the element meant in the shapefile. I broke out everything and made a
line for each characteristic. The documentation was not the most
exacting but at least they had a reasonably good cross-reference table
that made the job easier.

The same header appears several times because the same header
designation is used in different shapefiles.

Plus, having all the headers broken out would make customizing the
dbfawk files easier for anyone who had special requirements and needed
to provide tweaks to match their particular situation.

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO