[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 41, Issue 52

C. Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Mon Apr 20 02:38:10 EDT 2009

On Apr 20, 2009, at 01:06, Richard Polivka, N6NKO wrote:

> Chip,
>
> When I did my rewrite of the dbfawk files to match the latest
> tigermaps, I was dealing with several documents that the census
> document wrote involving the translation between the old codes and
> new codes for what the element meant in the shapefile. I broke out
> everything and made a line for each characteristic. The
> documentation was not the most exacting but at least they had a
> reasonably good cross-reference table that made the job easier.
>
> The same header appears several times because the same header
> designation is used in different shapefiles.
>
> Plus, having all the headers broken out would make customizing the
> dbfawk files easier for anyone who had special requirements and
> needed to provide tweaks to match their particular situation.

I understand. Seems like we should minimize duplication. It's hard to
determine which file to edit and then it's confusing when you don't
see the desired effect. Ideally I'd also advocate that we generally
try to keep parameters in the same order for ease of reviewing and
editing. I've tweaked my copies of the files.

-- Chip
      n1mie at mac.com