[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 41, Issue 52

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Apr 20 13:33:11 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 08:29:09AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, C. Griffin wrote:
>
> > How hard would it be to modify the code with the following logic fore dbfawk
> > files ...
> >
> > 1. Search map directory
> > 2. Search user folder (~/.xastir/config)
> > 3. Search common config folder (share/xastir/config)
> > 4. Default behavior
>
> I believe it does this now:

No, it doesn't look for signature-matching files anywhere but in the common
directory.

What it does is this:

  1) loads all .dbfawk files and their signatures from share/xastir/config
     and keeps these around.  This is done by "dbfawk_load_sigs" and is
     only done once when the first shapefile is read, or reread when a
     reindex of maps is triggered.
  2) when a shapefile is read, first look for a per-file dbfawk to go with it
     If found, use it.  If not, look for one of the signatures found in step
     1 that matches this file.  Use the first one found.  This is done by
     "dbfawk_find_sig"

To accomplish the desired goal, the function "dbfawk_load_sigs" would have
to be modified to load the files in more than one directory, and if more than
one dbfawk file is found with the same signature, use the first.  Right now
it takes only a single directory as argument.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation