[Xastir] Tiger/Line 2008 script

Dale Seaburg kg5lt at verizon.net
Mon Apr 20 14:21:20 EDT 2009

I have several scripts - one for each state - that I put together to
help make the copying/moving, renaming, unzipping of downloaded Tiger/
Line 2008 maps.  I'm home for lunch right now, but when I get home
this evening from work, I'll clean one of them up and share.  They
are shell scripts that get the repetitive jobs done.  With 254
counties in Texas, I was desperate to automate the steps as much as
possible.

As I was looking at one of the scripts, I had an idea of a program to
allow the user to say which state and counties desired, where their
default download folder was and then produce a custom script with
that information to completely automate the whole download/unzip/
rename process.  One of these fine days when I find a decent GUI IDE
for linux and settle on a reasonably easy to learn language, I''ll do
it.  But, don't hold yer breath...  LOL!

73 - Dale.  KG5LT