[Xastir] the get-fcc script

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 23 22:27:29 EDT 2009

Can whomever bloated the get-fcc script please revert your changes?

On my primary Xastir box it used to take 5 minutes tops (not counting ftp
time).   Whatever the latest revision of the script is doing now has had it
stuck at the "filtering" stage for over two hours, has over a Gig of ram
allocated between main and swap, and is effectively broke.

I tried running it on my Cygwin box and it was up to 3 Gig allocated before
I rebooted to kill it.  It wouldn't kill any other way.

If it is trying to do a "what's changed" mode, that should be an option.  If
it's run without any flags at all it should just replace the entire database
without trying to filter it or mess with "what's changed".

Please remember, Xastir is used by some of us on less than 300 GHz boxes
with 200 Gig of ram.  Its bad enough that most Linux distributions suffer
from "kitchen sink" bloat but now apparently what was a simple shell script
has been infected too.

Dave
KD7MYC