[Xastir] Road Detail

Dale Seaburg kg5lt at verizon.net
Mon Apr 27 18:38:02 EDT 2009

On Apr 27, 2009, at 11:00 AM, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> I have too much road detail at the higher zoom levels. Which of the
> new dbfawk files do I need to poke at to adjust for this? This is for
> the new 2008 Tiger maps.

You want the edge.dbfawk, Keith.  Look for the rule lines that begin
with "/^MTFCC=S"  They are the road rules.  That's where you'll
adjust the display and label levels to get what you want.  Notice,
that the values are a power of 2 - e.g. 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, etc.  I
haven't tried anything other than power-of-2 values.  Someone else
familiar with the code can explain what might be the consequence of
any integer value other than power-of-2 values.  Perhaps, it's
because the default zoom levels, when displaying a map,  are also
that way.

I'm in digest mode, so you may have already gotten an answer for this
from others.

73 - Dale.  KG5LT