[Xastir] 2008 Tiger Map edge.dbfawk

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Apr 28 13:55:06 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:14:35PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <dick.repasky at gmail.com> flavor, containing:

> I think that the problem may be that the dbfawk file is misnamed in the zip
> distro.  Try renaming the file to edges.dbfawk. That worked for me.

Should not matter.  The name of a DBFAWK file in the
/usr/local/share/xastir/config directory isn't important, only the "dbfinfo"
field it contains.  Unless, of course, you have two files with the same
dbfinfo, which would mean that the first one in alphabetical order would be
the one that actually got used.

What's important is that the dbfinfo field match the dbf signature of the
shapefiles.

Only when a dbfawk file is in the same directory as the shapefile and has the
same base name is the name important.  This is how you can override a global
signature-based file with a per-file dbfawk.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation