[Xastir] Problems with lighting up Counties, NWS files

Dale Seaburg kg5lt at verizon.net
Sat Aug 1 15:39:25 EDT 2009

On Aug 1, 2009, at 2:21 PM, Jason Godfrey wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Curt, WE7U<archer at eskimo.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Tom Russo wrote:
>>
>>> Lemme know if this fixes things --- I'm one of the people who
>>> doesn't want
>>> update his shapefiles, so I can't test it.
>>
>> It does.  Made only that change on the laptop and connected to a
>> full Firenet feed.  I'm getting on zone lit up in your state for
>> severe storms.
>
> Silly question, but I haven't been able to find the answer the answer.
> Do you need to be connected to an internet server to get these alerts,
> or is it possible for them to show up over RF?

OK, equally silly question - I've been away from xastir for a few
weeks - where do I go to get the updated shapefiles and dbfawk
file?   My memory seems to be a leaky bucket...  hi hi  Actually,
I've got too many irons in the fire.  As they say, "Jack of all
trades, Master of none."

73 - Dale.  KG5LT