[Xastir] Unuseable tiny dialog boxes on Aspire One under Ubuntu 8.04

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Aug 12 12:53:03 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 10:49:51AM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:

> > Does anyone know if this is a Gnome window manager specific problem?
> > Can it happen in KDE or in other window managers as well?  I know it
> > doesn't happen in FVWM2...
>
> Do you run compiz with fvwm2?  I don't think that works.

On investigating, I see that compiz is itself a window manager.  "Gnome"
is not a window manager, but a desktop environment that includes a window
manager that can be (apparently) replaced with Compiz.

So one can't "run compiz with fvwm2" because they serve the same purpose.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation