[Xastir] OT: Commercial mapping / directions software that includes Canada?

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Fri Aug 21 18:46:12 EDT 2009

I missed part of this conversation, but as a GIS person, I've had little
trouble getting reasonable data for Canadia.

Here's an accuracy map for ESRI's free North American vector street maps:
http://downloads2.esri.com/resources/arcgisonline/supplemental_images/StreetMap_Cov_NA.jpg

I also found this real quick, too:
http://www.geobase.ca/geobase/en/search.do?produit=nrn&language=en

Maybe those sources aren't up-to-date enough for your uses?

BTW, it's a fairly automated process to convert raster street maps to
shapefile.  The "difficult" part is hand-coding the data table of street
names.

I hope I understood the conversation correctly and I hope this helps.

--
73, de KB8UYR/6 Brad Douglas <rez at touchofmadness.com>