[Xastir] OT: Comercial mapping / directions software that includes Canada?

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 00:42:39 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 3:25 PM, David  Flood<davidf4 at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Are there any commercial, Street Atlas like programs that have
> Canadian roads at least near the border?  I'd love to also get ToPo info but
> at least having street information would solve most of my problems.

Microsoft Map Point covers Canada about as poorly as it does the USA.
(Okay, it's not that bad...)

Shapefiles from the Government of Canada, Topo bit maps, OSM tiles,
OSM generated shapefiles...

Right now we are in the process of importing GeoBase shapefiles from
the Government database into OSM, and will be working with GeoBase via
OSM to highlight areas of concern, if not providing data to the
government.

Have a look on the web for GeoBase, and also Toporama.

James
VE6SRV