[Xastir] Problem with fonts

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 17:55:23 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Tom Russo<russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 03:20:07PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <nacross at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
>> I am running Xastit 1.9.4 on a Ubuntu 8.10 with kernel  2.6.27-14
>>
>> I start the application as root using the following command: xastir &
>>
>> As soon I issue this command I start getting the following warning on
>> the terminal:
>> ---------
>> Warning:
>>     Name: create_appshell text_output
>>     Class: XmTextField
>>     Character '\156' not supported in font.  Discarded.
>> ---------
>> This warning repeats every station it hears.
>
> This is a frequently asked question, and the answer is in the FAQ, which
> you should have as /usr/local/share/doc/xastir/FAQ if you installed from
> source.

Yes I installed from source, and I found the document.
But it said it is for Red Hat and I am running Ubuntu.

Which will be the equivalent for Red Hat /etc/sysconfig/i18n config file ??

>> When the GUI is loaded it also shows this small warning, which I captured.
>>
>> http://yfrog.com/4xxastirwarningp
>>
>> If I close, both terminal and warning, xastir keeps running fine. But
>> I imagine that all those warning are wasting CPU in the background.
>
> *That* one I've never seen.  Looks like a garbled entry in the fonts list to
> me, but someone else will have to answer that.

I have read the FAQ and it said that the previous message is a benign
warning but as the other warning also said about fonts I guesses that
were related and not sure still benign.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217