[Xastir] Internet Interface

Rob Vance n6rob.rob at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 18:26:59 EST 2009

I am a new user to Xastir and an advanced newbie in Linux.  I am using
Ubuntu 9.04.

I have successfully loaded Xastir from source and have it running.  However,
I cannot get the internet interface to connect.  When launching Xastir from
the console it passes this message upon failure:

Interface Error!  Error opening interface 0 Time Out

I have set the parameters in the dialog box along with my passcode.  I have
tried various servers including the rotate.aprs.net:14580 and
rotate.aprs2.net:14580.

Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Regards,

Rob, N6ROB