[Xastir] Internet Interface

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Dec 6 19:29:48 EST 2009

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009, Rob Vance wrote:

> Interface Error!  Error opening interface 0 Time Out
>
> I have set the parameters in the dialog box along with my passcode.  I have
> tried various servers including the rotate.aprs.net:14580 and
> rotate.aprs2.net:14580.

Are you entering the host as "rotate.aprs.net" and the port as
"14580", or entering "rotate.aprs.net:14580" in the host field?  It
should be the former.

Do you have networking configured on your Linux box already?  In
other words, can you do something like "ping ucsd.edu" and get

"README.Getting-Started" talks you through setting up an internet
server interface.  That text document and others should be available
in your "xastir" directory, also in /usr/local/share/doc/xastir/

Another less likely possibility is that your configs are not getting
saved properly to your config file to do your LANG setting.  See the
FAQ regarding that.