[Xastir] Snapshots

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Dec 9 11:35:38 EST 2009

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> I run Xastir on my Mac. I have 'PNG Snapshots' turned on. I then
> have a little automator program that moves the snapshot to my web
> page <http://www.kckaiserklan.com/snapshot.png>, this all works
> great. But the snapshot does not show the radar images that I also
> have working on Xastir. Anyone know why this is?

Check the timestamp on the snapshot file, perhaps it's not getting
updated.  If not, check permissions on the directory and the file.

     ~/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.png

Look at that file directly on your disk before the move and see if
it has the radar, then compare the file at your website and see if
they are the same.

It's possible that the snapshot gets snagged from the wrong bitmap
in Xastir, but I kind'a doubt that.  If you think that's what is
going on I'll check the code for that though.

Note:  You can generate a new snapshot by turning off the snapshot
feature in Xastir and turning it on again.  It will immediately
start creating a new one.  Useful for testing.