[Xastir] splay and Xastir

Amateur Radio WB8NUT duffy at wb8nut.com
Sun Dec 13 08:32:42 EST 2009

Folks, this is probably more of a Linux issue than Xastir, but I thought
someone here could steer me in right direction.

I am trying to get alert sounds working in Xastir using splay.

When splay plays any of the .wav files, it sound like a mosquito going
by your ear or like a short screeching sound. Any hints on how to get it
to play the sound file normally. I searched the Internet and I am stumped.

Also, if anyone can steer me to a page (been to the Xastir wiki) that
could help get Festival working with Xastir would also be appreciated.

Using Xubuntu by the way.

Thanks,

Duffy
www.wb8nut.com