[Xastir] Xastir with VMware

Patrick Domack patrickdk at patrickdk.com
Thu Dec 17 12:37:48 EST 2009

Not saying this doesn't work or anything but: :)
I have been having the issue, with ubuntu 9.04 jaunty (running it on
my mythtv system, and won't upgrade to karmic till I verify mythtv
updates are ok)

I was using a very old slackware box, with custom compiled xastir on
it, it worked for along time, till I upgraded xastir at some point,
and it started randomly crashing once every day. Then I finally
decommissioned that machine and setup xastir on ubuntu 9.04, same
issue. Was really suprised, thought it was an issue with a dependency.

The only abnormal thing I'm doing is feeding xastir with the full raw
aprs-is feed.

And using cron to restart doesn't help, cause it will close any
messages people send to me, so I wouldn't know about them.