[Xastir] Xastir with VMware

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Dec 18 11:30:34 EST 2009

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Amateur Radio WB8NUT wrote:

> I created a new virtual machine using the 9.10 Xubuntu release. Xastir works
> fine for about 20 to 24 hours, then completely locks up and has to be shut
> down from the terminal using the command pkill -9 -f xastir.
>
> VMware Player and the Xubuntu system itself does not seem to be having any
> issues. Everything else continues to run fine. Using Xastir version 1.9.4.
>
> Any hints where to look for the problem?

If Xastir is totally locking up, perhaps the time in the virtual
machine got adjusted backwards.  In that case Xastir will wait until
the time gets back to where it was or further before some of the IF
statements based on time get triggered again.

Time getting messed up is often a problem with virtual machines and
there are Wiki and FAQ entries for most virtual systems talking
about problems/solutions for this.