[Xastir] compiling problem ubuntu 9.10

James Cameron vk2lqz at wia.org.au
Sat Dec 19 23:07:17 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 01:24:05PM +1100, geoffwri at idx.com.au wrote:
> Hi all...... still trying to get xastir to work on ubuntu 9.10......
> using the ubuntu xastir package am unable to display geo maps just
> get a black square,

I've checked http://bugs.debian.org/xastir and
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xastir/+bugs and nobody has
reported this bug yet.  Someone who experiences the bug really ought to
do that, so it gets fixed, so we don't have to keep getting people to
rebuild.

> I,ve removed xastir and am now trying to install from source but
> get errors when running the 'make' command here is the output from
> executing make.....
>
> In file included from /usr/include/Xm/XmAll.h:46,
>                from alert.c:308:
> /usr/include/Xm/Xm.h:59:34: error: X11/extensions/Print.h: No such
> file or directory

You're not doing it right, mate.  You haven't installed necessary
dependencies.

The one you are missing is x11proto-print-dev ... and I found this out
by searching all packages for Print.h in that error message.  I used
apt-file to do that search.

Looking at the Wiki for XASTIR, that package is listed.  So please
follow the instructions there:

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:Ubuntu/Debian#System_Preparation

--
James Cameron