[Xastir] compiling problem ubuntu 9.10

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Dec 20 15:52:09 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 03:07:17PM +1100, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <vk2lqz at wia.org.au> flavor, containing:
> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 01:24:05PM +1100, geoffwri at idx.com.au wrote:
> > Hi all...... still trying to get xastir to work on ubuntu 9.10......
> > using the ubuntu xastir package am unable to display geo maps just
> > get a black square,
>
> I've checked http://bugs.debian.org/xastir and
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xastir/+bugs and nobody has
> reported this bug yet.  Someone who experiences the bug really ought to
> do that, so it gets fixed, so we don't have to keep getting people to
> rebuild.

There was a thread on it here in the list last month.  Hamish Moffat, the
maintainer of the debian package, was aware of the issue and was modifying
the package to pull IM instead of GM.

The *right* way to get it fixed is for us to release a stable release again,
and let those package maintainers rebuild.  The 8-bit/16-bit QuantumDepth
problem is fixed in CVS, and when the package maintainers stop being stuck
at a year-old release the problem will go away.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation