[Xastir] Xastir FreeBSD port for tracking CVS.

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Dec 20 19:34:43 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 12:22:46PM +1100, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <carl at stagecraft.cx> flavor, containing:
> Afternoon All,
> I've just created a FreeBSD port skeleton that will make it easy for
> FreeBSD users to track the most current sources in CVS.
>
> The information on how to use it, and where to get it are up on the
> Xastir Wiki at;
>
> http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/FreeBSD
>
> (Scroll to the bottom of the page)
>
> Unfortunately the FreeBSD ports system expects fixed sources and for
> the port to reliably compile which can be difficult when tracking the
> bleeding edge so I won't be submitting it for inclusion in the
> official ports tree.
>
> Carl,
> (vk1kcm)

Since you're maintaining the FreeBSD port you might also want to bump the
current port in the official tree to 1.9.6 instead of 1.9.4, which is very
old.  1.9.4 has at least one major memory error in it related to the server
ports.  Hopefully a 1.9.8 will be kicked out of the nest soon to get the
GraphicsMagick fix released, and you'll want to update it again then, too.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation