[Xastir] Feature Request

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Dec 22 05:58:23 EST 2009

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, J Hunter wrote:
>
>> One small problem I am having running Xastir on a laptop is that sometimes
>> when using the touchpad and moving it across the screen my heavy hand will
>> re-adjust the map so then I have to go back and re-center/zoom the map for
>> a coverage area.  Would it be possible to have a switch that could "LOCK"
>> the map screen so no matter what happens it would not be capable of moving
>> or zooming in or out?
>
> Thanks for reminding me...  When working the Seattle Marathon a
> couple of weeks ago I was using the Pidgin Jabber client and a
> couple of copies of Xastir at the same time.  When I closed each
> Jabber popup the mouse click didn't end there but ended up
> zooming/re-centering my map screen for the Xastir underneath.  It
> got real annoying real quick.  My intent was to add a feature just
> as you describe.

Done.  I did NOT implement the zoom/pan lock for the following
features:

     display_zoom_image
     Track_Me
     last map position
     track_gui.c:Track_station()
     Find Station
     Map Display Bookmarks

What's the concensus on those?  Should we pan/zoom/track for any of
those functions, or should they be disabled as well when the map
lock is on?