[Xastir] Feature Request

Chip G. n1mie at mac.com
Wed Dec 23 14:16:34 EST 2009

On Dec 23, 2009, at 13:48, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Do we need two sorts of locks?  If so, what do we call them?

"Hard Lock" and "Soft Lock". "Map Freeze" and ?.

The interface could be one lock with two levels. Bring up a small dialog window with two radio buttons, one for complete map lock and the other for only blocking simple mouse/key changes. Alternatively split each into a check box for keys, mouse, tracking, etc and have multiple levels. Then each function will check to see if it's specific lock is enabled. In the status bar you could have letters for each ('k', 'm', 't', etc) which change from green to red when locked. It's more complex to program, but it gives maximum flexibility to the user.

--
    Chip