[Xastir] Feature Request

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Dec 23 15:51:02 EST 2009

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009, Chip G. wrote:

> On Dec 23, 2009, at 13:48, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>
>> Do we need two sorts of locks?  If so, what do we call them?
>
> "Hard Lock" and "Soft Lock". "Map Freeze" and ?.
>
> The interface could be one lock with two levels. Bring up a small
> dialog window with two radio buttons, one for complete map lock
> and the other for only blocking simple mouse/key changes.
> Alternatively split each into a check box for keys, mouse,
> tracking, etc and have multiple levels. Then each function will
> check to see if it's specific lock is enabled. In the status bar
> you could have letters for each ('k', 'm', 't', etc) which change
> from green to red when locked. It's more complex to program, but
> it gives maximum flexibility to the user.

I won't debate whether the above might be a better long-term way to
go, but it's more than I'm willing to code right now.  Free time is
short and I have multiple projects I'm trying to get to during my
time off.

I'm looking for a simple/concise solution whose function is obvious
to the user.

I'm willing to tweak the current one-togglebutton lock so that it
locks fewer functions, which appears to be what Tom wants.
Alternately I could add another level of locking to lock things up
tightly.  In any case, clear descriptive function labels are needed.