[Xastir] OSX, SignaLink, APRS & Xastir on IC-7000

Keith Kaiser wa0tjt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 15:30:37 EST 2009

I've made the switch. My old KPC-2 died, terrible death, sad really! In any case out with the old and in with the new, in this case a SignaLink USB from Tigertronics.

I've installed the internal jumpers, connected the radio port to the accessory socket as opposed to the data socket of my IC-7000, and attached the USB to both the SL and my Mac running OSX v10.6.2.

Now how do I tell Xastir I'm using a SignaLink instead of a TNC? Are there preset scripts like for the TNC's? I don't see one specifically for the SignaLink.

Thanks guys appreciate your time.

Happy New Year and be sure to take a quick look at the Blue Moon tonight.

73's