[Xastir] OSX, SignaLink, APRS & Xastir on IC-7000

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Dec 31 15:41:06 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 02:30:37PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <wa0tjt at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> I've made the switch. My old KPC-2 died, terrible death, sad really! In any case out with the old and in with the new, in this case a SignaLink USB from Tigertronics.
>
> I've installed the internal jumpers, connected the radio port to the accessory socket as opposed to the data socket of my IC-7000, and attached the USB to both the SL and my Mac running OSX v10.6.2.
>
> Now how do I tell Xastir I'm using a SignaLink instead of a TNC? Are there preset scripts like for the TNC's? I don't see one specifically for the SignaLink.

Are you running a soundcard TNC program?  The SignaLink is not a TNC, it's
a sound interface, so in order to use it with Xastir, you need to be running
some sort of soundmodem-type software.  Xastir doesn't work directly with
soundcards, it works through the TNC-emulating software.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation