[Xastir] Compile 1.9.5 on Cygwin?

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Sun Feb 1 05:51:04 EST 2009

CHRISTINE ANDERSON wrote:
> Hello all,
> I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I got this compile error when compiling Xastir under Cygwin.  I was using ImageMagick and I have been trying to change to GraphicsMagick and have not been able to get GraphicsMagick to work yet.  Could this message be a problem between ImagePagick and GraphicsMagick?  Or a problem in Cygwin Motif support?

I ran into the same error when compiling under recent cygwin a few weeks
ago. The probable fix is in the CVS version of README.win32, at least it
worked for me. The relevant part is pasted below.

  Tapio

------8<-------

NOTE:  If you get the below errors during the compile it means that
Cygwin has changed one of their packages to be incompatible with the
rest (and needs to change a lot more of their packages to
correspond):
/usr/include/Xm/Print.h:28:34: X11/extensions/Print.h: No such file or
directory
In file included from /usr/include/Xm/XmAll.h:79,
                 from alert.c:308:
/usr/include/Xm/Print.h:40: error: parse error before "XPContext"
/usr/include/Xm/Print.h:43: error: parse error before '}' token
/usr/include/Xm/Print.h:61: error: parse error before "XPFinishProc"
make[3]: *** [alert.o] Error 1
A temporary fix for the above errors (until Cygwin gets their act
together) is to do the following:
    Launch the Cygwin setup program
    When you get to the list of packages change the list to FULL mode
    Uncheck "Hide Obsolete Packages"
    Scroll down the list until you find xorg-x11-devel
    Click on the word "keep" until it changes to a 6.x version of the file
    Click Next and finish the setup
    Unfortunately you'll have to perform the same fix each time you
      use the Cygwin setup program or it will "upgrade" to the
      broken package again.