[Xastir] Compile problem on OSX 10.5.6 (ImageMagick)

Steve Jones steve.jones at rogers.com
Sun Feb 1 19:00:58 EST 2009

I think this is an easy one to fix:

Currently running Xastir 1.9.2 with Canadian Topo maps.

I've compiled Xastir 1.9.4 but all I'm getting is a black screen
without any maps.

The difference appears to be ImageMagick is missing from 1.9.4 since
1.9.2 shows ImageMagick 6.3.7 is loaded.

So, it seems I've compiled Xastir without ImageMagick support and
somehow I've got to tell Xastir to use ImageMagick and where to find
it's libraries.

I do have ImageMagick installed and the quick tests from the command
line run fine.

I'm a neophyte at compiling so I'm at a loss as to what exactly I'm
looking for and how to specify it.

Here's what I see when I compile:

checking for GraphicsMagick-config... /opt/local/bin/GraphicsMagick-
config
checking GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h usability... no
checking GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h presence... no
checking for GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h... no
configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find GraphicsMagick include files:
Building w/o GraphicsMagick support. ***

So how do I specify I want ImageMagick, what do the libraries look
like (I'm assuming it's the .h files) and how do I tell the compiler
where to find them?

I must have figured this out at one point to get 1.9.2 running but I'm
running into a blank at this point.

Thanks,

--
Steve <steve.jones at rogers.com>