[Xastir] Font Resolution Sought

C. Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Thu Feb 19 03:44:50 EST 2009

I've seen this on the list before, and the solutions haven't worked
for me. I need to find an end to this or I'm going to have to abort
Xastir as the errors fill my console and system logs to unrealistic
levels.

Here's the situation. I get the following messages continually if
Xastir is running:

> Warning:
>    Name: create_appshell text_output2
>    Class: XmTextField
>    Character '\260' not supported in font. Discarded.

There is one of these messages written every second or two in the
log. Needless to say it's beyond ridiculous.

the recommended "en_US" as well as other settings. Nothing seems to
stop it. The fonts I'm using are:

Menu:       courier-medium-14
Station:    clean-medium-13
Map Tiny:   helvetica-medium-8
Map Small:  helvetica-medium-10
Map Medium: helvetica-medium-12
Map Large:  helvetica-medium-14
Map Huge:   helvetica-medium-24
Map Border: helvetica-medium-14
ATV ID:     clean-medium-15

I don't recall what the original fonts were. All of these fonts exist
on my system. What is character "\260' and why do we need it? It
seems to be the only character that ever causes this.

Help on this matter is desperately sought.

System is Mac OS X (Leopard v10.5.6)

-- Chip
      n1mie at mac.com