[Xastir] Xastir-Hardy: logging into the VM?

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 21:56:15 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Alex Carver <kf4lvz at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Thu, 2/19/09, Lee Bengston wrote:
>

>> Sounds interesting, but how would one adjust the screen
>> resolution so
>> that the VM would be the right size for the monitor that is
>> being
>> used?  I assume there would still be a way to get to a
>> command line to
>> run the VMware tools script - not exactly a newbie friendly
>> procedure,
>> but that's the only way I have been able to permanently
>> adjust the
>> screen size.
>
> When I tried it with the latest VMWare player, Xastir filled whatever screen I resized the VM container to be.

It's resizing the VM container that I was asking about.  Even with
VMWare tools installed, when I played the VM, I had to run the VMware
tools config script to change the Linux screen resolution.  I was also
able to change it in the window manager, but doing it that way only
lasted until the next re-start of the VM.  Maybe there is another easy
way to resize the VM container that I have been missing.

Thanks,
Lee