[Xastir] Eebuntu 3.0 Live CD

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 22:40:04 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have a customized eeebuntu 3.0 Live/Installation CD image with
Xastir installed from source (CVS). Eebuntu is a customized version of
Ubuntu optimized for netbooks.  Version 3.0 is based on Ubuntu 9.04.

The new image was made from the base version of eeebuntu, so its size
is less than 600MB.
http://www.eeebuntu.org/index.php?page=base

The image can be made into a USB image either by the method detailed
at http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:Live_USB or other
methods.

Besides netbooks, I think eeebuntu would work well on smaller
notebooks (~14 inch screens) as well, but I haven't tried it that way.
 It does run well under VirtualBox.

I can make a torrent for it if that is the best way to share.  The
image can either be run live or installed to a drive, which is true
for all current Ubuntu live CD's.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX