[Xastir] MFJ-1278 tnc setup in xastir

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 19:19:41 EDT 2009

On 7/15/09, Steve Rogers <kd5mkv at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, Basically all 3 models are the tnc-2, I just started my mfj-1270c
> yesterday and its works fine. You might want to check the interface>serial
> tnc>activate on startup and also allow transmitting tabs . The 9600 baud tab
> must be checked. You might want to check if your tnc is not in blp host mode
> or kiss mode. Your 8n1 might be checked as well. I used minicom on ubuntu to
> setup the /dev/ttyS0 at 9600 baud and 8n1. This might help your process with
> xastir.  Your tnc's are good units dont lose your faith yet. Steve kd5mkv
>
>> From: n9io at hotmail.com
>> To: xastir at lists.xastir.org
>> Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:55:46 -0500
>> Subject: [Xastir] MFJ-1278 tnc setup in xastir
>>

>> Hello group,
>>
>> I am a new member to this group with a question.
>>

>> I have installed xaster with andLinux.

It has been quite a while since I have done anything with andLinux,
but the last time I did, I was not able to get serial communication to
work.  I'm thinking andLinux may be the problem as opposed to either a
config issue or an Xastir issue.  I could be wrong, though, because I
have not tried a more recent version of andLinux.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX