[Xastir] Last Minute iGate setup

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:27:22 EDT 2009

> The D700/D710 have the broken KISS interface, the D700 more broken
> than the other.  You might want to leave it in normal serial packet
> mode, in that case you want to select the tnc-startup.d700 and
> tnc-stop.d700 files for the RF interface startup/shutdown files.
> That should set up the D700 properly assuming it's in the correct
> mode to begin with (packet/APRS?).

I'm getting a little off-topic here, but figured I would share my settings here.

I use the the D710 in PACKET mode with Xastir. You can put A-band in
PACKET mode with the command TN 2,0.

My tnc-startup.d710 looks like this:

# $Id: tnc-startup.d710,v 1. 2009/06/03 10:28:58 sm7nwj Exp $
#
# Patrik Stromdahl, SM7NWJ.
#
# TNC Init file for KENWOOD TM-D710.
#
#Don't send CONTROL-C before this line
##META <no-ctrl-c>
##META <ctrl-c>
##META <ctrl-c>
##META <ctrl-c>
TC 1
##Pause for one second
##META <delay>
##META <delay>
##META <no-ctrl-c>
# You will have to select:
# TN 2,0 for band A
# TN 2,1 for band B
# on line below
TN 2,0
# Pause for one second, so that the TNC finishes it's startup.
##META <delay>
##META <delay>
# It's correct to duplicate ECHO and BEACON commands below.
ECHO OFF
##META <delay>
BEACON EVERY 0
##META <delay>
ECHO OFF
##META <delay>
BEACON EVERY 0
HBAUD 9600

Note: For 1200 baud APRS on 144.39, you'll want HBAUD 1200.

The original version of this file can be found at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TM-D710_TM-V71/files/CMDFiles%20-%20Xastir/

Tom KD7LXL