[Xastir] Xastir black screen (fwd)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jul 24 12:41:20 EDT 2009

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009, Rick Green wrote:

> We seem to have a bug here.  After sending the last message to Murray, I
> flipped back to the desktop where xastir was running, only to find it had
> crashed, and the following messages were displayed in the terminal from which
> I launched xastir:
>

> (process:16719): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion
> `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
> xastir: Memory allocation failed `/home/rtg/.xastir/tmp/map.png'.
>
> (process:16719): LIBCROCO-CRITICAL **: file cr-token.c: line 120
> (cr_token_clear): I don't know how to clear this token

I don't recognize any of those libraries.  Xastir doesn't use them
directly that I know of.  Perhaps one of the X11 or GM/IM libraries
does.

> X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such
> operation)
>  Major opcode of failed request:  228 ()
>  Minor opcode of failed request:  0
>  Serial number of failed request:  116208574
>  Current serial number in output stream:  116208996

That's more like a normal error I've seen over the years.  X11 is
unhappy and the program has died.  I've seen this with quite a few
different programs and it doesn't point into anything
Xastir-specific.

Check your memory to make sure you don't have an issue, particularly
if your computer area has been unusually warm.

Check IM or GM if you can to see if that's where the bug is.  The
map.png hints at that but it could also be memory, an X11 bug, or
even some problem in a related library.