[Xastir] Compiling Xastir on OSX and remote TNC access

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Sat Jul 25 07:01:18 EDT 2009

Hey guys,
     I know this comes up on the list every so often about getting Xastir
compiled under OSX, so I'll spare as much bandwidth as I can :) I found some
excellent resources on the Xastir wiki and I'm going to take the plunge and
try to get this compiled on an Intel Mac Mini this weekend running OSX
10.5.7

In my present configuration, I run a KISS TNC to the AX.25 stack on a Debian
box which javaaprssrvr talks to as well (also running on the Debian box). In
the past I have used remserial to redirect the serial port stream from the
client over to the Debian box for TNC access. I have not tried compiling
remserial on the Mac yet, but wondered if there was an easier or more
preferred solution to what I am trying to accomplish?

Anyone running OSX run a setup a like this and can give me some advice?
Hopefully I'll get this compiled this weekend.....

tnx and 73
Stephen

--
Stephen Brown - ARS K1LNX