[Xastir] Import/Generate Custom Lines?

Keith Kaiser wa0tjt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 07:44:47 EDT 2009

Mike,

I do prefer each point on the route be clickable so information like
it's address can be displayed. Many bike routes are out in the sticks
and seldom do I know the area, so this helps me a lot when I need it.
Also as an object point you will always know how far you are from that
location if you have distances shown, but as a map item you will not.
Of course my experience in the last bike route was as a rover/sag if
you are running the net your needs may be different.

As to running a good bike show... wow that's a big request but first
on the list is to keep the extra chatter on the net to a bare minimum.
Use Xastir to send APRS messages to key people, have at least two
running the net and a third to write things down.