[Xastir] UI-View type Plug-ins?

Phil - w2lie w2lie at w2lie.net
Wed Jun 3 20:02:30 EDT 2009

I've been playing with Xastir on my laptop which has Suse installed in
it, and I'm enjoying myself..  I'm thinking of swapping my UI-View APRS
Station for a Xastir APRS on the home pc.
The home PC is running WinXp, but I wanted to put a 2nd pc online with
Linux since I am running a lot on this windows box..

My UI-View setup is running Info Kiosk, as well as the local
webserver.   I also use the windows Scheduler to create APRS objects
during certain hours of the day, for set days of the week.
I guess my questions are:
1- Can I us CRON to place objects on my map (for broadcast), and what
script would I run for that?? I didn't see any pearl scripts.
2- Is there a Webserver for Xastir like the UI-VIEW Webserver? I know
Xastir can take screenshots.. but I'm looking for a stations heard type
of listing..
3- Is there an "Info KIOSK" type of application that will run with
Xastir?  I have one setup here with local club information and new user
type of help.

I am not a coder, and don't understand a line of pearl.  I am also
fairly new to Linux still..
Any help would be appreciated.
73
Phil / w2lie

--
www.w2lie.net
Long Island Live Scanner Feeds and Forums.