[Xastir] Soundmodem

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jun 18 11:47:16 EDT 2009

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009, George Karayannis wrote:

> Soundmodem
> open terminal
> sudo -s
> soundmodemconfig
>
> 1. File > new configuration
> 2. mode soundcard
> 3. audio driver /dcev/dsp
> 4. ptt driver /dev/ttyUSB0
> 5. File > new channel
> 6. Modulator + Demodulator 1200 afsk
> 7. Packet IO mode KISS
> 8. File /dev/soundmodem0 ή 1 or 2 etc
> 9. Unlink File check
> 10. double clik configuation
> 11. double clik channel 0
> 12. File > quit
>
> soundmodem -v5
>
> we are ready with soundmodem
>
> Xastir
> open terminal
> sudo -s
> xastir
> interface control
> add
> serial kiss tnc
> add
> tnc port= /dev/soundmodem0
> NO FULLDUPLEX NO Init KISS-mode on startup
> ok
>
> ready with XASTIR
>
> leave the terminals running and when you are done hit  Ctrl+C
> on each terminal and then exit ίonce or twice, in order for soundmodem or xastir not to get hung
> these seem to work for our (very) small local xastir group

Thanks to George for posting this!

Can someone compare the above instructions to the Xastir Soundmodem
Wiki page, updating the Wiki with new or more-detailed info?

I'll try to find time to compare them but it looks like my plate is
pretty full for the next few weeks.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer