[Xastir] Soundmodem on OSX

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jun 20 17:00:24 EDT 2009

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> Thanks for the explanation Jason, I won't say its all clear now but I do
> understand better.
>
> So now all we have to do is find some software genius that can create a
> soundmodem equivalent for us.
>
> Yea, that'll happen!

If it runs on FreeBSD and Solaris, it can be made to run on OSX.
I've run it on Linux with both methods, AX.25 network interface -or-
serial KISS TNC.  It works fine either way.  You'd be shooting for
the KISS TNC emulation 'cuz it doesn't need AX.25 protocol added to
the kernel.  All user-mode stuff.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer